Comptia Exam Vouchers

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Jan 28, 2007.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Im sure some have noticed but a heads up to those who dont know and are looking! Preplogic have international vouchers for Comptia exams - including the new A+.

eg Vue for A+ = $144 for each exam....

http://www.preplogic.com/products/voucher/view-exam-vouchers.asp?af=digital&bn=67

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yep :biggrin , however getcertifiedforless is still cheaper: $139.00.

However the US still gets it cheaper than us over here :x Now is that fair ?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Yeah but Preplogic has vouchers for Server+ and I-Net+! :tongue i still think they way over priced US or International.. but thats just me.. :biggrin

4. Kitkatninja

Yep, it was already mentioned here :lol:

Agreed they are overpriced, how long do you think Comptia will hold out before they start saying that their certs need to be renewed every so often like MS, CISCO, Citrix? It's already expensive getting the first set of certs, now we'll have to pay extra just to stay certified (at least not with Comptia for the moment).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I read somewhere a few days ago.. that could be happening soon... :rolleyes: apparently comptia linked with the some security agency in the US (NSA -??) and thats why the Sec+ was modified - and possibly re-cert will be required for Comptia exams in the future - no direct quote - only speculation! :biggrin

6. Kitkatninja

Great :rolleyes:

Also, another thing that I don't like is that now office admin staff get more pay than the majority of IT staff (and we're have to qualify/retrain to keep up to date). It's a sad truth...

p.s. I'm not trying to put anyone off entering the IT Field :) It's just my current state of mind, it does change every so often :lol:

7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Great link Zimbo, Im thinking of booking my A+ Essentials exam soon, they've got it for $144 which is a big saving on the £128 it costs by going through Vue.

My only question is, do the vouchers have a time limit? I cant see anywhere on preplogic where it says they do, but am unsure and dont want to buy it to then find I've got a month or something to do it?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. Kitkatninja

Normally the exam vouchers have a 6 months to 1 year life span, unless stated when you buy them (eg almost expired, etc sale).

-ken

9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thanks for clearing that up for me Wagnerk :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012