CompTIA Creating Advanced Security Certification

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

CompTIA Creating Advanced Security Certification, Plus MS MCDST Cert. being phased out, four Oracle exams exiting beta...

Following on from this post.

9/20/2010 -- In addition to the widely recognized Security+ certification they already have, CompTIA is adding to their offerings an advanced security certification for those with 10 years IT experience, with at least five of those years dealing hands-on with security. This enterprise security administrator certification will differ from the entry-level Security+ in depth of objectives and critical thinking skills needed.

To become certified, candidates will pass one exam on the following domains:

1. Enterprise Security
    2. Risk Management, Policy/Procedure and Legal
    3. Research and Analysis
    4. Integration of Computing, Communications and Business Disciplines

Read the rest of the article here.

-Ken

Discussion: If I do end up going for this cert, route 4 sounds interesting for me.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Josiahb
      Josiahb
      A well researched article....

... or not.

Last time I checked (just after I read this line and paniced that maybe MS had withdrawn the exam) MCDSTs or indeed MCITPs in vista could upgrade to 7 by completeing the 70-682, looks like CertCities dropped the ball there!
    2. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Didn't read that part, saying that the link that they supplied (apart from it not working properly, at leased in IE9) does point to the MCDST page and on the second tab it does show the upgrade exam.

-Ken
    3. BosonMichael