CompTIA Certs Better Than ISC2 ? Really?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Briella, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Briella

Briella New Member

Does CompTIA even realize what they are doing by comparing CISSP to CASP. Not only this, I could see Patrick Lane, Director, Product Management blogging about this comparison openly on CompTIA Blog.

linkedin.com/pulse/comptia-certs-better-than-isc2-really-noah-williams/

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I guess there's only one way they are going to take ISC2 on and that's by doing things like this. I'm not saying they're right however as CISSP is a defacto standard, but then things change. There was a time an MCSE meant a wealth of knowledge and value in the workplace but brain dumpers saw that line of thinking slowly but surely decrease

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Things change and IT security (and the certs) are now the in thing – as said similar to the Windows 2000 MCSE “pass this exam and earn £30k” cert back in the day.

Bit harsh to say CompTIA is for school kids though.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. johnripley

johnripley New Member

This is a wonderful post thank you very much!

5. Patricknec

Patricknec New Member

From my knowledge as a trainer CompTIA is not on the same level ISC2. That is just my opinion through my own experience.