compTIA certification track question

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Nov 10, 2009.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Whilst updating and validating my details for my security + certificate to be sent out I noticed that I have been automatically put on to the A+ bridge exam for 2009 track.

I have the prerequisits 220-601 and 602 2007 A+ IT Technician but don't particularly wan't to do the bridge exam. Is there a way to delete this?

And also is there a way to delete the PDI+ beta that I failed ages ago as I don't actually intend to do it?

Has anyone who passed the A+ 2007 notice that they have been put on the bridge exam route?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What do you mean, "put on the bridge exam route"? If you don't want to do the bridge exam, simply don't do the bridge exam. :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee

well looking at my cert history and certs in progress it says compTIA A+ bridge exam 2009 which is basically one exam and it will update my A+ to the current 2009 version. I just wanted to know if there was a way to delete it as I don't plan on doing it and I didn't want my page cluttered with something I have no intentions of doing.

4. BosonMichael

It's just a certification progress tracker. No idea if you can delete it... but CompTIA certainly WANTS you to take it! lol!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. greenbrucelee

The non profit org that want's to make a profit :D

6. BosonMichael

To be fair, it's not like they don't have expenses. And they have one thing they can sell: their certifications. Unlike Microsoft and Cisco, they don't have hardware or software they can sell.

7. greenbrucelee

yeah I realise that

8. BosonMichael

Well... that's why they push their certs... and why their certs tend to be more expensive than MS's or Cisco's. Not because they're trying to grab a profit. :)

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just leave it there mate, chances are if you ask for it to be removed everything will be deleted.

Rule 1 in IT: Keep things simple. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. greenbrucelee

ok will do

11. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Is it not the same thing as when you pass the 601 you're automatically "enrolled" I think the term was, for the 602, 603 and 604?
    I'd leave it as it is, just to be on the safe side. If anyone wants to check your CompTIA credentials you can point it out then if it bothers you.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  12. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

greenbrucelee,

Non-profit means expenses equals revenues. So the more happily they are provided with revenues, the more happily they'll spend (expense) the revenues in order to meet non-profit conditions.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  13. greenbrucelee

twas a joke dude :D