********* CompTIA A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by wakky geek, Oct 3, 2008.

1. wakky geek

wakky geek New Member

Just a qucik question...
    the ******* CompTIA A+ has about 650ish questions in total, are these all the ACTUAL exam questions (which can be asked in the exam)? or just PRACTICE questions designed by ********?

and anyone know of any good learning videos for A+ 220-601?
    Thanks

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Come on now... any search will show you that they're the current braindump ringleader. :rolleyes:

Just so we are clear: they are the actual exam questions. Using them can get you decertified. Avoid them like the plague.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, don't use braindumps, they are a form of cheating that will only hurt you in the end.

Anyway, for legit practice exams, check out Boson, Transcender & Preplogic. Preplogic currently have a up to 70% off sale.

As for video's/CBT's check out Preplogic, Learnkey & CBTNuggets.

For websites, you can check out Proprofs.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

It might be a good idea to change the title of the thread to.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. iansane

iansane Bit Poster

What's sad is, I had an instructor tell us the site to go pay for actuall exam Q and A.

After reading posts and talking with BosonMichael, I have to respect how he tries to keep things clean and ligit here.

I wouldn't want to work with someone who passed an exam that way cause they wouldn't really know anything, and I'd be very upset if sites like that existing make it even harder for me to pass because they decide to crack down and make the exams harder.

All I ask is that if I study, read the books, memorize the acronyms, and understand the material by hands on labs, then I should be able to pass the test. No need to cheat if someone really wants to know the material.
    While it is tempting to insure passing to get the bigger paycheck, it's just lazy and unethical.

6. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Well said.
    Certs are just supposed to be a way of showing you know what you know. Defeats the whole purpose when people use certs to prove they know stuff they don't know.
    And it can only drop you in the [poop] in the long run, as computers aren't something that will forgive incompetence. There's no sweet-talking a chip round into doing what you need it to do. If you don't know your stuff, it'll show up. Quickly.

Shame on the instructor, and shame on the company that put him there: that employed a cheat, or that put the instructor in such a position that he felt this was the only way he could deliver to the company's promises to the students.

I guess the nice thing about self-study is you have the luxury of going at your own optimal pace. You don't need to cut corners (cheat) to do it within a set time-span, or to live up to unrealistic promises.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's not just BM it is *everyone* here that supports proper study and learning techniques. It is a fundamental part of the culture of the forum 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. iansane

iansane Bit Poster

I see that now and I respect all of you for it. So please be understanding if I mess up sometime. I don't think I will though. It is a little bit of a grey area I noticed when talking about exams. I mean the discussions about whether it's ok to say something here without giving up too much info. I don't guess I have to worry about that since I haven't' taken any of the exams yet.

9. wakky geek

wakky geek New Member

Cheers for clearing it up. If companies/software like these are going around should CompTIA try and change their questions? :S

Thanks, once again :biggrin

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Do you want to pay more for your exams, just to have them braindumped again within a few days? It costs money to create an exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!