Comptia A+ query

Discussion in 'A+' started by ayjay80, May 7, 2007.

1. ayjay80

ayjay80 New Member

Hi everyone, im new to this forum but just wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding the Compta A+ certification

Is it really worth it and what can I hope to get out of the qualification if I pass.

The reason I ask is that you hear all about these "Mickey Mouse" qualifications that no-one will recognise and I don't want that to be me.

Any response will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forum :biggrin

Comptia is reconised throughout the world unlike NVQ's or City & Guilds. :dry The A+ cert gives you a starting point in the IT profession, it gives you a solid foundation into how computers work through hardware and software. You don't have to have it, but it would be an unwise move to skip this qualification and go to MCSE. It would be like learning to run before you walked.

Why don't you have a look at A+ under the Comptia section?

Click here to see

You will find loads of interesting threads about A+ and therefore can see just how how popular A+ is.:biggrin

Most IT places ask for A+ as well as 1 years experience, certainly where I work it's part of the job requirement that you must have Comptia A+.

Before you start down that road, you have to ask yourself some questions like:-
    Do you know what section of IT world attracts you the most?
    Do you like solving puzzles, pulling things apart?
    Do you prefer the software side of things?
    Do you like creating websites?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. ayjay80

ayjay80 New Member

Cheers, thanks for that