Comptia A+ Essentials Exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by charlie1634, Jan 23, 2008.

1. charlie1634

charlie1634 New Member

Hello,
    I'm looking for some help, i'm due to take my A+ Essentials exam in two weeks. I've been working hard but am now a little nervous, can anyone give me a clue as to what i can expect in the exam. ie, how many questions? sort of questions? pass rate? how long is the exam? can you leave questions and go back to them? what are the main things i need to know? (i don't want to waste time revising stuff that's unlikely to come up). I would be most greatful if anyone can help. Thanks

2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

http://certification.comptia.org/a/

Certifications: A few.
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

90 questions, which are multiple choice. Some have more then one answer or a "choose two answers" sort of thing. Pass rate if I recall correctly is 675/900.

You can indeed leave questions and go back to them, or mark then for review and review them at the end, your choice. What do you need to know? Make sure you've covered each topic on the objectives list and you can go wrong, there could be questions on any of it.

When I took A+ Essentials I was worried, but there is no need to be, when you get in there and answer the first 5 questions, you'll be fine! :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012