COMPTIA A+ Certified!!! :-)

Discussion in 'A+' started by altottenham_hotspur, Oct 10, 2009.

1. altottenham_hotspur

altottenham_hotspur Bit Poster

Hi everyone,

Over the last two weeks I have taken both A+ exams, 601 and 602 and passed both first time! I would just like to say a big thank you to this site and everyone that uses it, I dont post often but I use this site to read comments made by you lot and get information from here, so its been a big help.

Next up for me is the Comptia N+, which I start on Monday.

Its all been shelf study for me, so to anyone new who is reading this it can be done as long as you keep at it!

Certifications: HP Certified, CompTIA A+,MCP,MCDST
    WIP: hhmm
  2. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

:cheers Congratulations!

Now get back to the books!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  3. Geekzilla

Geekzilla Nibble Poster

Congratulations.

How long did it take you to study for the A+ just using the books?

Cheers

Certifications: None, Yet
    WIP: Comptia A+
  4. altottenham_hotspur

It took me about 3-4months before I felt confident enough to sit exams.

I got 875 on the 601 exam and 785 on the 602. I really wasnt confident doing the 602 exam alot of questions for example how many pins on sdram.

Questions like that for me I dont really see the point in knowing, as long as you can recognise the different types you will be fine.

5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the certification! :)

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the passes and new cred :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

well done 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Well done Bud, been there and done that! I am a few certs from you now, but can honestly say i have no regrets! congrats, I consider A+ to be the first IT cert and although it may seem to be a 'Walk in the park' to others, it will be invalubale as well as look good on the CV! unsure of your job at the moment but decide your next move with care as from now you have options! but with an A+ and a years experience in IT you wil now have the option to decide what route you would like to take! I understand the critical situation of job security atm, but i have moved jobs 3 times within the last year and although i feel i could posibly move for a further 5K now, i understand the importance of the job at hand (although it feels theat it underestermates my cabibilities) and understand that i hav to pay my dues and demonstrate this! :P

9. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

Congrats! I need to finish my A+ exam, so I might as well ask on this thread but:

-How long have I got to take the 602 exam after I've taken the 601?
    -When does the 2006 exam retire?

CHeers

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  10. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I don't think there is a time limit (other than exam retiral).
    No one round here seems to know when the exam will retire in the UK. It's feb 28th next year for US so I'd assume the same for the UK.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. altottenham_hotspur

thanks birdcr,

My job at the moment is a IT Trainer(official title) for Hewlett Packard. I started the job in August this year and its been a nightmare, I was lied to at the interview! Its turned out to be doing presentations on how to use a laptop, rather then the floorwalking I was told.

I'm trying like mad at the moment to get into a Helpdesk/1st line support or Technician role. I have about 2 years experince on my CV, 6 months laptop repair and year and half as rollout engineer.

Finding it hard 90% of jobs want you to have some experience with Server 2003 or active directory and I have none, I know what they are and how they work but without experience of using them no one wants to know.

Thanks for all the comments guys n girls

13. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

14. Willk83

Willk83 New Member

Congrats!

Now GL on Net+