comptia a+ 601 exam doesnt follow the guide line given in the book

Discussion in 'A+' started by techwiz, Jan 8, 2010.

1. techwiz

techwiz New Member

yesterday i sat for exam with my 20 of my friends who studying IT Diploma. we sat for exam and all of us fail the exam. according to sybex book pg xxviii states the % of the question will be tested on the exam. but when we did the real exam 60% of the questions were on network questions. suppose to be 12% on network. we also wrote comptia regarding this and waiting for reply. we really feel cheated by the way comptia conducting the exam not following the guideline that they them self set. furthermore we are sitting for the 602 exam tomorrow.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

1. All of you had 60% of your questions on networking? Thats definitely weird as the questions are randomly selected from a very large pool.

2. Did you really go through counting the percentage of questions in each domain? Might explain why you failed, concentrate on answering them next time :p

3. Whether the question balance was wrong or not they should all have been questions you would be capable of answering if you've studied and know your stuff.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Was it really the A+ or was it an exam on a college course that covered A+ topics.

Nobody gets the same questions in the real A+. I haven't got compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers to hand but if I remember correctly 20% exam is network based.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Surely it doesn't matter?

All of the questions were taken from the A+ curriculum irrespective of the percentage of each there were.
    If you had covered the syllabus you should have been able to answer them.

If you've got a bone to pick, it's with the people who trained you, not with CompTIA.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD