CompTIA A+ 2008 objectives ?

Discussion in 'A+' started by m3lt, Mar 6, 2008.

1. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Hello everyone.

It might sound a bit of a noobish question, but I have tried to search for an actual and precise answer to this, and I am baffled because im yet to find one.

Is there any 2008 objectives on the CompTIA A+ exam ?

In other words, what is (or will be) the current objectives for a person (that's me) doing the exam in June/July this year ?

All replies are apreciated!

PS: Also, what books currently and strictly hold those new objectives ? (if any)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Go to the CompTIA site and download the objectives from there. That will give you the definitive answer!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Hey thanks for the reply.

But I have already done that, and it is still confusing.

On the "CompTIA A+ Essentials 2006 Examination Objectives" pdf it says the following:

So, if the CompTIA A+ 2006 exam objectives have information pertaining to the 2007 Edition, where do we stand today ?

Are those same files posted here on the sticky threads and found on the CompTIA's website still valid for the 2008 or they just server as a base for study ?

The answer might be simple, but in my head is kinda complicated why they do not specifically say and/or update those PDF files to say either 2008 Objectives or 2008 Edition.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There is no 2008 edition. What is on the CompTIA Web site is the latest version.

For books, you need to look no further than Mike Meyers' A+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition (for knowledge) and James Pyles PC Technician Street Smarts (for labs).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The exams were changed last June they will not be changing again for some time (probably not for a couple of years) There is no such thing as 2008 objectives.

The best two books to get are PC Technician street smarts by James Pyles & compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Ah great! Thanks once more for the reply guys.

I ordered those books on Amazon now, I have the old AIO 5th Edition and Scott Muller's "Upgrading and repairing PC's" but im getting those also, since they are up to date.

Wish me good luck! :p

7. greenbrucelee

you definately need the 6th edition of AIO guide, read the whole thing, some people seem to think you only need to read parts of it but they are wrong. PC Technician street smarts will let you practice your skills with exercises.

8. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Thanks for the tip! :D

I am also thinking in buying those mock exam study kits.

9. greenbrucelee

get the trancender ones from transcender.com