compatible Mobos for AMD X2 CPUs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noelg24, Nov 15, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

right I am wanting to build a new machine after the New year...but right now I am just setting up a list to let me self know how much I will be spending for the new machine...I know I want the AMD X2 CPUs but my problem is I cant find a Mobo that will go for it...the one I have found supports it but has on board VGA (aint fussed about the sound cos I wont be using that) however does anyone know if there has been any recent updates for the MSI mobos so that they now support the AMD X2 CPUs? I am asking cos my MSI mobo at home at first didnt support the Semprons (but I have an Athlon XP 3200) but they made the drivers available for download so that it would support Semprons...this would help me loads so I wont have to kill myself knowing I need a specific mobo that supports AMD X2...cos surely the others will support them...wont they?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

so no one has any idea which mobo to go for? :rolleyes:

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry Noel, I'm just not that into hardware to be able to offer advice.

Have you looked at the MSI website?

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yeah have checked their site...they do have Mobos that take X2 CPUs for AMD but the ones I am looking at on ebuyer either do them and come with on board graphics or they dont...but I will have a more deeper dig...thanks anyway....

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

right looks like the MSI mobos do support the AMD X2 CPUs. have looked at their site and checked the CPU support section of the mobos and yep they do take those CPUs...I will be buying MSI...been using them for 2 years and had no probs with them at all...:D

6. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

nice but I will stick with MSI...never let me down...so no point in changing now...but thats a good board..