Comp-TIA Retakes: Please Note

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ScoobyDoo, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

Hi Everybody,

Last month, I had the misfortune of failing one of the Comp-TIA exams. Despite the disappointmrnt ~ it was only a narrow fail ~ I went back to the books & have rescheduled the exam late next week. (£166)

Imagine my horror when, the day after rescheduling, I received a 50% discount voucher from CompTIA for the retake. Fortunatley, I managed to log-on to the prometric site & cancel / reschedule my appointment - there was still time. {I was also fortunate that my desired timeslot was still available. - everybody appears to be booking just now.}

To avoid this fiasco, can I suggest you refrain from booking any resits for CompTIA for at least two weeks after the failure date.

I don't know if this voucher is standard practice from CompTIA - perhaps someone could let us know. If so, again, don't retake too early. The exams are dear enough.

Can anyone also tell us if this is the policy of any other test provider, or is it just CompTIA?

Good luck,

Scooby

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Scooby, if you look in the news forum you will see that Comptia is offering half price retakes since a couple of weeks.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

HERE is the link to Nugg's advice

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

Thanks for that. Looks like lady luck is beginning to shine on me.

By the way, next weeks winning lottery numbers are .......

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

CompTIA must be getting a conscience about their overpriced exams...:dry

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

More than likely, it is a promotional gimmick to get people who have recently "underoptimized" one of their exams to schedule a re-sit.

Certifications: A+ and Network+