CommSupport - CCNA DC Availability

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by SimonD, Dec 16, 2014.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Joe,

I had a brief chat with your Website Agent today asking about the CCNA DC course and they mentioned that it's something you are thinking of running.

Do you have any timelines for setting this up as I am interested in sitting this (self funded tho as work won't pay for this as it's outside of my scope of work).

Currently attending a VMware NSX course and the CCNA DC was highly recommended and immediately thought of CommSupport.

Simon

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hi Simon

I have had a look at the 640-911 DCICN, this is very much like the CCNA Route/Switch with a couple of extra commands which will take 5 mins to learn, so for anyone considering the 640-911 DCICN and already have the CCNA they will not find it too much of a hurdle.

As for the 640-916 Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) not in the near future, if i can find a decent instructor to step into my shoes to teach the CCNA subjects i would run these other courses and others such as the CCNA Wireless CCNP Voice etc, (I have spent the past 3 years looking for a half decent CCNA instructor)

Kind regards

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

New side line Joe? Build CCNA Instructors! You could have molded a raw lump of resource into a lean mean teaching machine in 3 years :) Sorry I know that's flippant because you don't have spare time, but who knows, could this kind of thing be done? You get teachers who've never worked in their respective industries.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hi Jim

I have lost count of the number of "Instructors" i have interviewed over the last 3 years.

If you are going to go for a job as an instructor in any field here are some simple rules:

1. Confidence, own the room, you are a loin tamer.
    2. Know your subject, the clue is in the job description
    3. Teach ME don't present to me.
    4. Engage ME, don't exclude me.
    5. Don't you dare pull out power point.

The search goes on. (Cue the X Factor Music)

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
    jk2447 likes this.
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ha ha ha love the loin tamer reference mate!

You're reminding me of quantum leap here mate, hoping that the next leap, will be the leap into a decent instructor ha ha. You could be the Simon cowel of networking

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs