Common sense

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jan 7, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Just been watching the local news where im from and one of the story's is people moaning about the fact the council bing wagon cant get up their road to collect the refuse etc. This however has been going on before crimbo and they have at least a months worth of rubbish which is now starting to smell as yuod expect.

Anyway the bin wagon can actually go to the end of the road where these people live so why dont they just take the rubbish to the end of the road. I know it may be hard for the elderly and disabled people etc but surely in times like this where its hard for everyone then surely its better to get on with things rather than moan about stuff. Surely the more able bodied people would chip in and you wouldnt get the whiff of decomposing rubbish and would also vastly reduce the risk of catching something from the waste.

Or am i missing somthing

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I don't normally get involved emotive subjects like this but I have this week driven over 1000 miles but schools believe that we parents can't get our ratbags a few miles up the road to school either by foot or by car.

We are breeding a generation of slackers!!

Grrrrrr!!!:cussing:cussing:cussing

Joe

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Some councils have a mandate that if the rubbish isn't at the end of the driveway or house then it wont be collected regardless of what else is happening.

I was watching a story on the News about some place down south where the concils states that if the rubbish isn't within 18 inches outside of someones driveway then it wont be collected but the bin men have to walk up the drive way to post a note through the door explaining why the rubbish hasn't been taken away.

which seems a bit crazy if you ask me.

There was another one about that if the bin lid was more than a quarter of the way open then it wouldn't be emptied as it would be deemed that the bin was over full and can't be closed properly.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Down south our driveways are quite long, for the rolls, the jag, the merc. the lambo, the fezza, mazza and Porker!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. greenbrucelee

lol, and us up north build our houses out of wood and work 29 hours a day at mill before coming home for a beating and some grub if we are lucky :D

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

We're just not geared up for anything in this stupid country.

Many years ago I lived in Germany.
    If it snowed, every morning you woke up to cleared roads (and pavements).
    It just all carried on as normal.

And no, it wasn't that long ago - I'm not old enough... :dry

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. greenbrucelee

It's because our coucils always have the we going to attitude but always use the budget they have for some stupid reason and for lining some managers pocket.

We had a shortage of grits last year and the council said we will prepare for it next time, quel ****ing suprise they ran out because they couldn't decide wether it was the county councils job to do this or the city councils job to do this.

This country is a joke, it snows up north and nothing gets mentioned on the news, the south get some and it's like the end of the bloody world as it's in every bloody bulletin. It's snowed in country for years and years but nobody can handle it. You get people either being too carfeul in their driving which can cause accidents or people not being careful enough it really does my head in.

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If you think that "der Vaterland" is well prepared the Switzerland is even better.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. greenbrucelee

I have never understood why we don't cope aswell as your country, I basically think its down to governemt etc not preparing for it as your does.

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Bet you are mate.

I guess things over there don't grind to a halt becasuse, despite the fact that snow has been forecast for a week, someone has forgotten to put petrol in the snowplough or tell the driver that he might have to come into work early.

And then in the summer they'll ban our hosepipes again.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD