Client or server?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by bootmgr, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bootmgr

bootmgr Bit Poster

Hello all,

Just registered to this forum :)

I finished studying with the MCTS 70-620 ,i got an A+ last year ,but now i am kinda lost. Should i continue with the MCITP 70-622 or begin with server admin track? The problem is that i only have basic knowledge about active directory domains and DNS. Does the 70-622 REQUIRE good knowledge and experience with active directory and domain environments? I am a consumer support (MCTS vista and A+) and i never worked in domain environments.Well at least i know what an active directory is,what a domain is ,difference between LGPOs and GPOs ,and how to switch the pc from a workgroup to a domain ,and that's it lol
    Is there any transition between 70-620 to 70-622? Or the 622 should be enough to explain the domain environment to ppl like me that have no experience with domains ?
    And ohh ,one more thing : The MCTS: 70-624 ,which only (but heavily) addresses vista and office deployment issues.... how about this course? Is it more important than the 622? Is there anything specific about MCITP 70-622 that differentiate it from the MCITP server admin ?

Thanx! :)

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Not looked at the latest client/server stuff yet, but my advice would be to study client then Server after the A+.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If you have no real world experience with these concepts, you can at least set these things up at home and play with them, that will give you a much better idea than just reading from a book :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. bootmgr

bootmgr Bit Poster

Thanx for advice Simon, i think i'll continue with the client. I studied MCTS vista using the MS book and virtual pc (3 virtual machines at the same time) so i think i'll do the same with the 70-622. I'll get the MS press book for it ,because the MS book for the 70-620 was great. And i think the 70-622 is pretty much the same as the MCDST (same concept) ...only an update. Does the MCDST program include things that are NOT present in MCSA?

And yes Bluerise, with virtual machines i'll try everything :). I've messed my vista machine countless times ,like installing xp and vista in a dual boot configuration, changing active partitions,damaging bootfiles and repairing using command prompt lol... I just like all this stuff :D

And btw,the MCTS 70-624 looks interesting. 70-622 or 70-624? any idea anyone ? :rolleyes:

Regards