Problem client can't ping VM. please help....

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Sheila, May 8, 2011.

1. Sheila

Sheila New Member

Hey, so I was supposed to set up a simple network for my internship at this company. I am not really familiar with networking. So, I am hoping someone could help me with my problem.
    Let me just tell you a little about the network setup.

I have one physical server and one client computer. The server has been configured to be the domain controller. I then installed hyper-v VM on that same computer in order to install TMG as TMG cannot be installed on a domain controller.

So, the server, client and VM are on the same domain. The server can ping both the client and the VM, the VM can ping both the server and the client. But the client can only ping the server but not the VM.

I thought at first it might be due to the TMG installed on the VM that the client cannot ping it. But if that was so, why can the server ping the VM. Now, I’m thinking that there could be a mistake in my configurations. Perhaps those who are more knowledgeable about this than I am could help me out.
    Thank you in advance.

IPv4
    Server: 192.168.10.10
    Client: 192.168.10.1
    VM: 192.168.10.9

Domain: msd.local