Classroom Smartboard keeps powering off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Jun 6, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

So, we have a classroom smartboard which I have received a report keeps on powering off, and to power back on they have to disconnect / reconnect the usb cable... my thought is that therefore it must be that the USB Root Hub has a tick in power management tab for it to turn a device off to save power.. I have unticked this but on reboot it ticks again, is this due to GPO?

I have also checked that power settings in general on the PC are set to 'never' so this shouldn't turn it off... any other suggestions are very welcome :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

not used Smart boards for years, but is the board solely usb powered or does it have an external PSU? it could be worthwhile using a powered USB cable to see if this resolves the issue.

3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

hi, I have managed to fix this... must have been thinking it through in my sleep to then come in this morning and realise it was more obvious than I thought it was in the USB Power Settings options in windows control panel...

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)