Classroom Courses / Exams

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Morning IT Buddies,

I hope all is well.
    Bit of a Roller Coaster the last 6 - 8 weeks I must admit.

Made Redundant on the 14th May..Didnt see it coming totally out of the blue. However, knuckled down and blitzed people with my CV and after three Interviews was offered a job last week starting yesterday. All seems pretty cool. Nice firm, everyone is very friendly, nice salary and not too bad a commute either.

I have the Network+ exam booked start of July and was looking at doing an MCTS / MCITP in Windows 7 after that. Was talking to one of the guys yesterday and he explained that the company will pay for the course. So rather than re-ignite the Self Learn / Classroom based debate, I just wondered if anyone could suggest Classroom courses / company's it would be REALLY appreciated.

I have found a few but would really appreciate anyone's thoughts / experiences. Ideally based in London.

Many Thanks,
    Ron

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

CommSupport is quite highly rated on CF - worth speaking to labrat (Joe) as he teaches there 8)

Network+ training Courses

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Rather than finding them yourselves you may want to find out if you already have a preferred supplier, better than wasting your time and more often than not is something that's already known if you ask the right person.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Ahh, very good shout Simon, Thank you.

Boffy, I was under the impression that CommSupport cover networking (CCNA and the like?)
    If they cover MCTS / MCITP that would be fantastic.

5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Sorry dyslexia kicked in and my head got stuck on 'I'm doing Network+'. Ignore my post

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010