Class room based training on MCPD for .NET 3.5

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by IainT, Feb 1, 2010.

1. IainT

IainT New Member

Has anyone come across class room based training in the London area for .NET 3.5. I'm really looking to spend about half the week in the class room and then the rest of the time to practice. I've found a couple of organisations who run these courses but only seem to be for the .NET 2.0 exams, also they aren't answering my email enquiries.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. DPurnell

DPurnell New Member

Hi Mate,
    I'm currently enduring the same dilema, could do a decent classroom non braindump based MCPD in 3.5. Have industry and MCPD 2.0 experiance. Would be really appreciative if you could tell me how you got on?
    Cheers,
    Dom

3. IainT

IainT New Member

Didn't have any luck finding 3.5 courses. There did still seem to be a number teaching 2.0 at a reasonable pace, and the intensive courses for 3.5. Sounds as if we are both looking for the same thing, I find that I gain very little understanding from the intensive courses as they "teach for the exam".

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have a look at Firebrand Training here, they offer a number of different MCPD courses but these are all 100% classroom based. As far as their intensive courses go having done the MCITP EA course with them I have to disagree, of course they will cover material pertinant to the exam but that wasn't the entire object of the class\course. I learnt new things on there that I hadn't touched before and for some of it it wasn't covered in the exam too much.

The one thing you have to understand is that if you're doing a class for any kind of certification then of course they are going to tailor it so that the student has the required knowledge to pass the exam. It's different if you go on a course that doesn't have a certification at the end of it because then they can cover the product areas that YOU want, rather than the areas covered in the exams.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA