Class A prank...

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Baba O'Riley, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I saw this in T'Internet last night and now i'm chomping at the bit to try it on someone at work. It's a pretty obvious thing to do with hindsight so I'd be surprised if no one here has already done it.

What you do, if a colleague leaves their PC unattended without locking the screen, take a screen dump, remove all their desktop icons and taskbar and set the screen dump as their wallpaper. Then watch as they can't work out why their PC won't respond even though they've reset it, run virus scans etc! :twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. That's sort of like the clear screensaver that also transparently locks the desktop and you have to hit a key combination to get to the unlock dialogue.

If that thing activates you can see your desktop, but your keyboard, mouse, etc... will not work. :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Baba O'Riley

Nice. Any idea where to get it Freddy?

4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I have seen a couple of them, but I think the one I'm talking about is on the Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit Supplement One CD.

BTW, if anyone reading this hasn't ever used the tools found on the above resource kit they are missing out on some pretty good tools for working with Win2K server.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

LOL. I would love to work alongside you Baba, it must be a real hoot :twisted:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Baba O'Riley

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not there, Bluerinse. :hhhmmm