CIW Q's

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by immoral giant, Sep 30, 2009.

1. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

It has been a while since I have been on CF but I am back. :)

I have taken a change in career (happened shortly after I left here) in to web design/development and have been doing so for nearly 2 years now.

I have only just come across CIW randomally from an email from Reed sending away their usual spam.

I am a PHP developer and have an extremely good knowledge of HTML and semantics as well as CSS and Javascript.

With my current role I have mostly been writing PHP to create custom modules in Drupal.

Question is, are any of the CIW exams relevant to me?

Will they be worth any more than my current experience or would it be more for cementing my knowledge on my CV?

From what I have found on the CIW website, the stuff I know just seems to simple and common sense, but there seems to be a fair bit of reference to ASP. Obviously I have gone down the PHP route and it seems that the exams are focused towards Microsoft.

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I would say that CIW would be beneath you if you are already working in the field, and it will just take up space on your CV.

Don't get me wrong, I like CIW and enjoyed doing it - but I would rate it lower than A+ in its relative field.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD