CIW Foundation Exams

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Colin1, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hello people, I hope you are all doing well. Can I ask a really dumb sounding question? - How are the exams for the CIW foundation set out? I have been studying for a year or so and my TP have never really told me about the exams (Good isnt it?). Plus is there anybody who knows were I can get a copy of the course objectives for the exams that I need to take, cheers guys.

C :biggrin

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  2. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

If you go to www.ciwcertified.com you can find all the objectives and info about the exam. As far as I know, it is multiple choice where there will be a correct answer with 4 or 5 disstractors.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What he said.

The exam questions are quite brief - usually a sentence or two (compared to MS exams). Answers are usually a single word or number out of a choice of 4 or 5.

Your biggest enemy is time. There are quite a few questions and only about 90 mins to do the exam. So you have to bang them out pretty fast and you don't have much chance to review your answers.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

When i did it back in march, it was multiple choice questions with four possible answers. I went into a room with two others and told to sit in front of a PC and press start as soon as i feel ready. The time wasn't much of an issue as i had 20 minutes left, which gave me time to go back and check the questions. But, its all done from a pc (not paper).

There is some sofware you can purchase that is very near to the real thing and you can download a sample from a web site called ucertify.com

Good luck with it anyway.:D

Certifications: CIW Professional
  5. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Brilliant that guys thanks a lot, I appreciate that. My revision starts now! (well tonight after work of course). I will keep you posted on how it goes.

C :D

6. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Good luck Colin. I have the Exam prep engine that Nelly metioned from ucertify. And to be honest i believe the exam can be taken from just the study of the prep kits.. there fantastic, cheap and come with a full refund if u dont pass first time.

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  7. mikel6674

mikel6674 New Member

how did you get on, I have just taken the exam yesterday and got 65 out of 85. Are you with skillstrain?

WIP: CIW Foundations, E commerce
  8. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

I havent taken the exam yet mate, am in the middle of revising for it and the A+ essentials exam, killing me doing both and working at the same time :rolleyes:

Did you pass your exam then with that score mate??

C :D