ciw equlivent too?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by gpro, Aug 31, 2008.

1. gpro

gpro New Member

What is the CIW professional web designer equivelent too? i live in the UK and i was wondering what level is it or is it like a First diploma or a national etc.?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unlike the Microsoft, Comptia, Cisco, IC3 routes the CIW route has not been mapped to the NQF. A couple of colleges have integrated the CIW programs into ASET (this is a recognised educational qualification body like Edexcel/BTEC, City & Guilds, etc) certifications at level 2 & 3, which in real terms are GCSE/A Level. But they are not a full level 2 or 3 qualification in themselves.

However please do not discount them, remember these are professional certifications and not all professional certifications do map to the NQF. Professional certifications are there because they are job related and show a skill set.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security