City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 / 3 / 4 IT Support any one?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by fatp, Apr 17, 2008.

1. fatp

fatp Byte Poster

Does anyone an have an I.T / I.T Support related City & Guilds qualification NVQ's Level 2 or 3?

Is it useful in terms of knowledge and have they helped to further or kick start your IT career?

Some of ther stuff I covered has some insight in to the comptia a+ and network+.

Fat P :dry

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have city & guilds NVQ level 1 & 2 IT and a advanced GNVQ level 3 in IT. They have probably changed since I did them but when I did the level 1 & 2 all I did was learn basic access, excel, word, wordperfect and some other application but getting the level 1 & 2 gave me the opportunity to get into college to do the GNVQ which was more technical (the best lesson was setting up a 10 man lan so we could play quake).

The GNVQ enable me to go to Uni. None have got me a job in IT but they have helped me get interviews.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have a City and Guilds Diploma in IT support, has not really changed my life gave me some basic knowledge in IT hardware and software, employees seemed to like it though some seem more concerned with that then the A+ I had.

Certifications: A few.