Citrix

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by noelg24, Aug 27, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Lou has bought home a CD of Citrix or something like that (I am not a programmer or anything like that) so that she can work from home if ever she is ill or anything like that or they want her to log in...you know the usual stuff...I havent yet installed it (to be honest I am scared it might do something to my precious baby) :dry: no seriously...erm...has anyone used it before and if so what is required of the software in terms of internet as it obviously needs a VPN of some sort if I am not wrong there...but any help would be grateful guys...thanks...(Jak take note...hahaha)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

err, why is this in the programming/web design part?

Citrix is a terminal server, like Windows terminal server on steroids, it allows thin clients to connect to a single server and do all thier work there over the network
    it allows remote users to use apps in a web browser
    and other such useful features

im curious as to what 'cd' she got you as its about £1000 quid for a liscence
    if all you have is the client it wont bugger your box, but its pretty useless if you have no where to connect.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Like I said Phoenix...I am not the software genius hence the reason I put it in this forum...the CD is not for me its for Lou and she is wanting to use it to remotely connect to her system at work...so they gave her the software for her to install...I just want to be sure it wont cause a problem...and I think they have the licence at her workplace or she wouldnt be bringing the thing home....

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

ok then all she has is the client
    gotcha

installing should be fine
    but you may find you need to vpn to her workplace (not always the case) did she bring home vpn information too? not sure if you can set vpns up on xp home, have never used it but if you can you will need to do that with the details supplied by her work

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I will ask her tonight when I get in from work and let you know...but it shouldnt be a problem...I hope....