Citrix Certification

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Arroryn, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Well hello der!

You guys "wot know me" know I've mainly focused on M$ studies. With the way their more senior cert paths are going I, like many others, am now perhaps looking at broadening my cert horizons. I work for an MSP and one thing we work on heavily is Citrix, and I'd like to know more about the inner workings and administration of this beast.

I've checked the exam costs on Pearson, and they don't seem extortionate, but I have no idea about the studying required. Are they books and lab only, like Microsoft, or do I need to do tutor led training? The implementations are all small, so I'd be looking at basic installation and administration to reflect my real-world experience (initially).

What experience have you guys got on these certs? Any route recommendations? Alternatives?

Thankee glad :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good choice in certs... Which Citrix cert are you looking to work on? XenApp?

On my blog, I have a series I created for when I did the XenApp exams (CCA and CCAA) if you want you can take look at the material I used to prepare and the lab i've built.

XenApp | Messaging Virtualization

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hey Prof :)

Yes, I'd be looking to do Xenapp. Your blog looks quality got it bookmarked and will give it a thorough looking over! Anything else you'd recommend alongside CCA? We also work with VMware and Hyper-V. We don't touch Cisco kit so thankfully I don't have to consider the dreary slog that is the CCNA.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good question, it all depends on what you're interested in. VDI is pretty interesting stuff (XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View), virtualization in general is awesome. I would recommend maybe a VCP but that requires a course. If you can go on that course, it would be very beneficial to you.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA