Citrix Certification Xenapp 6.5

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Mouratti, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Hello guys,

Anyone take this certification recently? 1Y0-A20 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration
    Any advise for study materials?

Im using a micro lab, on my laptop 1 DC 1Xenap 1 client
    Use the pluralsight videos, some cbt nuggets to.

This exam have simulations or is similar to microsoft exams?

Thanks

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would have a chat with @dales as he is the person most likely to have done this exam I reckon.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Thanks, maybe they reply to this post

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thanks Simon,

Yes I did that one a few years ago, from what I remember and also trying not to break any NDA's there are the standard multiple choice and drag things in the right order type questions as well as either network diagram's and screen grab questions. Citrix Policy is important as is learning the proper topology for the design such as separating ZDC's and Worker roles. PVS is questioned on too I believe from what I can remember.

However as its been some time since I took those exams your probably better off checking out this exam guide which should be up to date. Exam A20 Preparation Guide

There were a couple of books that came out just after I took the exam's too so it might be worth trawling amazon to see if there is anything relevant to XenApp 6.5.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Thanks a lot

I use Presentation Server 4.5, but what i see it's change a lot.
    Im using the pluralsight videos, with a small lab.

Do i need to have knowledge in Netscaler and Gateway?

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

From what I remember no its not tested on at all. Always good though to know what the basic are in respect to VIPs, NSIP, MIP and NSIP, at least then you'll be able to interpret any diagrams better with the knowledge.

PS 4.5 and XA 6.5 are very different indeed. 4.5 is out of support by a good few years but I still see it in the real world quite a bit. Just make sure your lab is on 6.5 and has any feature packs installed that are mentioned in the prep material.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  7. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

My LAB is Xenapp 6....im doing the pluralsight videos, with a lab.
    For xenapp 6 to 6.5 have a lot of differences?

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would always try and get a lab running on the version of software you're going to be tested against, subtle differences can be the difference between a pass and fail.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Yes there are some big differences between the two, you really want to nail down the locations and names and effects of policies which change between 6 and 6.5. Plus with 6.5 you can also specify session host only mode plus things like multi-stream ica which I believe wasn't in version 6.