Citrix CCA A20 now Legacy?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by corp_jones, Oct 19, 2013.

1. corp_jones

corp_jones Bit Poster

Hi Guys

I've got MS certs but very new to Citrix, i'm currently learning it by video training as well as labs.

I was trying to find the cost of getting certified for XenApp 6.5 and noticed that the A20 exam is now under legacy, training.citrix.com/cms/index.php/certification/legacy-certification/

Question is, is it still worth doing? I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong section but it looks like the XenApp qualification I needed to get is now legacy and I cannot find what has replaced it if anything as all I see is references to XenDesktop, no XenApp.

Help appreciated as very confused at the mo! :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well these certs are going to be discontinued soon and replaced with the new CCA/P/E certs. Is it worth doing, it's really up to you. I literally passed CCA/CCAA a few months back. Just keep in mind that if you do go for the CCA XenApp cert, you should look at updating it the cert in the future.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. corp_jones

corp_jones Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply, if I did want to do the new one is there a equivalent? All I see at the moment are references to XenDesktop

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That's right... the new line of Citrix products is going to be called XenDeskop. There will be App and Desktop editions of XenDesktop, there no longer be any future releases of XenApp.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  5. corp_jones

corp_jones Bit Poster

That's a shame I just started learning XenApp 6.5 today, if I learn that will the new version be pretty similar? Dokt want to invest time learning it if I'll have to relearn it again soon!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to do some more reading, looks like XenDesktop is probably going to replace XenApp.

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well XenDesktop has a new architecture and there's probably some overlap. To be honest, I haven't looked much into XenDesktop 7 so I couldn't say much on the differences.