Cisco VPN

Discussion in 'Software' started by piccadilly, May 12, 2010.

1. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

Hi All,

Having problems download Cisco VPN Client v5.xx for Windows 7. It say that a Technical Support Services Agreement needs to be associated to your Cisco.com user ID.

I know that this software is a free download. Does anyone know where to obtain it w/out this jibberish, or hv a copy I can use.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it were a free download, wouldn't it be freely available on Cisco's Web site? As Cisco says on their VPN Client page:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

Hi

I assumed it was free as we have Cisco inhouse, though setup was before my time here.

Thanks for info will look further into it.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, you'd need that SMARTnet service agreement. The price for a yearly agreement varies by model and support terms, but if you were to get the cheapest one for your VPN device, you'd have access to the download.

Not sure why they restrict its distribution... but I guess they have their reasons. <shrug>

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

If you own a Cisco device with the VPN capabilities, you would have recieved a CD with the device with the client on CD. If you no longer have this contact your reseller, i'm sure they will be able to get it for you.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP