Cisco Internships

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by acarr, May 25, 2006.

1. acarr

acarr New Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information on Cisco Internships or been involved in one? I am currently studying in the UK ( scotland ) & want to know the best source to enquire?

Any advise would be gratefully accepted,

Cheers all. :biggrin

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome,

What is a Cisco Internship? Can you explain and give us more details of what it is you are actually looking to do? 8)

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I could easily be wrong, but I believe that 'internship' is an americanism for a sort of 'super' holiday job. Like a short apprenticeship.

Edit - and Hi and welcome acarr!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. acarr

acarr New Member

I was not sure what one was, I was affraid it might have been an American Holiday job.

I am looking to try and contact companies in my local area to try and get some hands on experience. Getting involved with the Cisco equipment, either working part time for free or working in a sales capacity with access to the environment so I can start getting an better 1st hand knowledge of what I am learning.

Any Idea's?

cheers :biggrin

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sounds very good! i say go for it! good luck! :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

internship is basicaly position for a newly graduated student who is looking to aquire experience in a particular field, example; cisco, etc. Usualy in an internship you dont get payed for doing any work, its soley for experience purposes only.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA