Cisco Exam Questions

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by craigie, Aug 5, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi peps, just wanted to know if the Cisco Exam questions are similar to CompTIA e.g. heres two lines of information and here are the questions.

Or are they more like Microsoft with paragraphs of information tnhen the question.

Not looking to break the NDA here, just wondering what to expect.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I found the exam to be very overly wordy, so expect lots of text in the questions.

You'll really have to concentrate on the details given to you (jotting down important points separately is a good idea)

It won't be as multiple choice heavy as the MS exams. Question types range from Fill in the Blanks to Drag-n-Drop questions to Sims.

Oh, and use the correct syntax for any simulation questions you get. It may be that the sim is restricted and won't accept abbreviated commands.

E.G:

Router#configure terminal
    Router(config)#

Router#config term
    Router(config)#

Just make sure you know your stuff (have subnetting in your head down) and you'll be fine. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Cheers chap, can if typing conf can you use the tab key to end the word and ? as well?

Mate, at work I use http://www.subnettingquestions.com/ pretty much all day to practice :D

Oh and reppege.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Qs

Doubt it, but in all honesty I don't know (it has been 12 months :p). All depends on how restricted the sim is (if at all). If you're getting the CLI to fill out commands for you using tab then that feature may be removed. Same logic with ?

Good man!

Ta :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. LB

LB New Member

my advice is to learn the longhand version of CLI commands - just in case!
    eg "copy run start" may or may not work.
    Remember also that unlike CompTIA, with Cisco exams you can't back go back through your questions, it's forward only.

And to emphasise, if you can't subnet you won't pass a CCENT/CCNA exam - subnetting is everywhere!

Certifications: HND, PgDipIT, MBCS, CCNA, MCP, A+, DHTI+
    WIP: BCS CITP, CCNP
  6. Qs

...so you're reitterating what I've already suggested? Cool.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I dunno about tab, but shortcut commands and context-sensitive ? help both work.

I'll have to tweak what Qs said a bit. Most Cisco questions are NOT overly wordy. But there's usually quite a bit of router output and/or graphics to wade through, and perhaps that's where Qs gets his impression from.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Qs

Comparatively. :p Perhaps time is blurring my memory.

Yeah, the output especially does tend to bulk them out some.

Qs

9. rehan_ganatra

rehan_ganatra Bit Poster

Tab not supported in simulations questions but ? "help" works.. so u can see the exact name to be typed after that ... even if u type wrong IP for specify subnet its gives error .. like I did 198.0.2.63 255.255.255.224 .. :D

Certifications: MCSE, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP