Cisco E-Learning for CCNA Routing and Switching One-Year Subscription

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by larryhager732, Jun 18, 2014.

1. larryhager732

larryhager732 New Member

Hello,
    I am looking into getting the Cisco E-Learning CCNA Routing and Switching course and was curious if anyone has taken this course and passed the exam using it? I don't know how good it is and if it has everything I would need to take and pass the CCNA test.
    So if there is anyone out there that is familiar with this I would appreciate any input before a spend the money for it.

Thanks.

2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

Personally I've not used it, however it would be good to understand your background and where you are looking to be to best advise. I see you are a new member, maybe you could let us know what the goal is?

When I studied my CCNA about 3 or 4 years ago now. I took the ICND1 and ICND2 approach, using CBT nuggets video based learning. Combined with the Cisco Press books and some lab kit, this can be physical i.e. buy it off ebay or packet tracer / gns3(virtual).

If you get the e-learning package you will probably get some sort of virtual network simulator to practice with such as Cisco Packet Tracer.

Good luck.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  3. larryhager732

larryhager732 New Member

Hello

I am a long term Network and Storage Admin. I have been in the IT world for 30+ years and as you know you always have to keep learning and the CCNA is my next goal. I feel that I can probably Study on my own and get this but I have noticed that a lot of people say that this test is difficult and I'm just trying to make sure that I have all the tools I need so there are no surprises. (I really hate wasting money).

Cisco's web site has a demo of the system for both the ICND1 and the ICND2 and yes it does include a virtual simulator which is one of the reasons I'm interested in it. I was just trying to find someone who has used it and could tell me how well prepared he felt after taking it.

Thanks for any input