CISCO dabling

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by supernova, Mar 21, 2010.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Hi all

I don't have any experience with CISCO products. Dont worry i am not planning to do any CISCO certs any time soon :)

No, what i actually want to do is dable and research around basic CISCO networking products so when a opportunity should arise that can offer me some entry level CISCO based networking experience and training i am not a complete noob.

I wonder if anyone could recommend some good books and resources?
    would you recommend the same study materials for this use?

My is experience MCSA level administration, Linux administration , i don't have the N+ but feel i could take it without any problems.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I generally recommend Cisco Press and Sybex.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. supernova

Thanks i had a look at the table of contents and excerpts on amazon the CCENT looks like a good start. A lot of the theoretical contents seems more than familiar its just getting introduced to the world of CISCO.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

In truth, the Cisco training materials aren't designed to teach you theory... they're designed to show you how to implement theory you should already know on Cisco devices. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. supernova

Great that's what I need.