Cisco Cyber Ops

Discussion in 'Cyber Security Discussions' started by Jaron78, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Feel free to move this if I have posted in the wrong place.
    Just had confirmation that I have been accepted into the Dec 28th Cohort (If I accept the start date).

Anyone else starting that cohort or ongoing? Be great to swap ideas, clarify some points etc?

2. Jaron78

Just been reading the email and it says you don't need any external study tools.

Would it help to do pre-study? I assume it wouldn't hurt but if I follow the Live Lessons then should be Ok?

3. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

I think I read it's mostly e learning so I presume some form of streaming with exercises. There appears to be a weekly seminar with a mentor but this will be mostly US time zone based so times might not fit in well with European students.

I still think the time frame will be really challenging but the pressure and urgency should help with keeping the study routine going.

Certifications: 271
    Jaron78 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

I'm pretty sure it is too.
    Friend of mine has already completed the course and said it was quite intense. He wasn't 100% happy with the mentors as they gave him some dud information that really didn't help with the second exam.

Passed both though.

5. thetokyoproject

As long as we try our best, we'll learn a lot regardless of the final grade. Hopefully they will listen to students' feedback and evolve the course.

6. Jaron78

Let's hope so mate. Are you on Skype? If we are in the same Cohort, give me a shout.

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Just got 'the email' for this and did the candidate survey. If I could get my CCNA R&S finished for April 28th it would be perfect for the Cohort 6th start date.

Good luck guys!!! Mega excited about this. I was pretty annoyed/ jealous seeing everyone else getting in on this haha. Hopefully I'll actually pass the entrance exam and I can get in on the party.

Jaron78 likes this.
  8. thetokyoproject

Absolutely, let's chat on Skype nearer the time!

Jaron78 likes this.
  9. Jaron78

Good luck mate. Would be great. I missed out the first time so really pleased to have been chosen this time.

I'm putting my CCNA course back to April, only because I haven't got a start date for that yet so going to do the Cyber Ops first.