Cisco Certificate of Competence?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Came across this on my trawls of the web...

What is the Cisco Certificate of Competence?

I've never heard of this, but then again I don't really deal with Cisco certs. I know that if you do a MS course thru a MS Academy you get a Cert of Completion, which really just means you've sat a course. Is this the same for this Cert of Competence? Has anyone here received this?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. david248005

david248005 Bit Poster

Hi Ken
    I think what you are referring to is this:
    I am doing the ccna exploration thru the cisco net academy. 4 modules each of which, if you pass, you get a completion certificate which states your competencies. I have passes module 1 and am currently on module 2.
    The course is supposed to prepare you for sitting the official ccna exam but provides you with a means of providing some sort of evidence to present to potential employers.

All said it's done me no favours job wise but it is an interesting course.

Like you said it was very similar to the official microsoft courses you would do thru your local college.
    Hope this helps

WIP: MCDST, OU T175 & M150,
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, thanks :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security