Cisco CallManager and Call Pickup Group

Discussion in 'Networks' started by hippy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

My company is currently running version 4.1 (yer 4 years old and aging).

I have a 7921g wireless phone ive been configuring but i cant work out (or if its possible) for my phone to show an alert , when a phone in its line group is rung?

e.g.
    line group - 1000

lines: 1001 (mine)

so when line 1002 (not 1000 the line group) is rung and im say on another floor (so cant hear it), the 7921 alerts me that 1002 is ringing because its in my line group and i can pickup the call?

thanks

2. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

I'm ready to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure you can't do this with just a call pickup group - you have to know to call the number, it won't alert you.

You need to set up a hunt group or use divert on busy/no answer.

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

I had another play with it today and cant see how to do it or if its possible. But i will explain my first post again, incase you have idea.

We have the IT support line group, in a hunt list with a hunt pilot and also a call pickup group (containing the same numbers as the line group)

If anyone rings one of the IT phones in the line group/call pickup group is there way on my phone i can see that someone has rung that phone? The reason for this is because instead the users dialing the hunt pilot they dial the different phones individual numbers... (I want to use the wireless phone all the term, so i dont have to sit at my desk)

by the way im not trained in Cisco Callmanager, learnt off my own back recently so my terms might be slightly wrong.

4. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

Stop the end users dialling the individual numbers! That's a far easier direction to go in then anything else you're considering.

Or put the wired phones on divert after 5 seconds to the hunt group.

Or, you could turn the extension number of the wired phone into a hunt group which included itself (you'd have to give it a different extension number) + the wireless. The main IT hunt group would still pass it to the second hunt group, I think, but I'm not sure if that would work.

See, that's the sort of mess you start getting into when end users enter the equation. I never, and I mean NEVER give them my DDI - they'd, well, start wanting me to do things.... UUggghhh <shudder>

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  5. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

The users having the DDIs are a pain, but thats how everything was running when i got here :cry:

Trouble is, there are 6 phones in the IT group, so i would have to put all of them on divert or do some funky hunt group stuff.. mehhh.. i think its going to be too complicated to set up what i need. I have enjoyed the learning experience though :)