Cisco Announces New Expert-Level Cert for Design: CCDE

Discussion in 'News' started by zimbo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Cisco Announces New Expert-Level Cert for Design: CCDE

Cisco Systems today announced a new expert-level certification, the Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), for high-level IT pros who design and architect enterprise networks.

The CCDE is modeled after the company's flagship Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification for high-level networking pros. Like the CCIE, the CCDE will have a qualification exam and an eight-hour hands-on exam. Pricing is the same: $315 for the qualification exam and $1,400 for the hands-on exam.

Read more here

Cisco Certified Design Expert

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
    2. Sparky
      Sparky
      :eek: :eek:

Time for a bank loan... :biggrin
    3. dingy
      dingy
      $1715 for an exam:eek:
      I know what I'd do if I failed that exam:microwave
    4. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Technically, it's $1715 for two exams. The qualification exam is similar to what you're used to. The biggie's the lab exam, and that's what people fail, not the qualification exam.
    5. sunn
      sunn
      This is a a Cisco 'expert' certification, like the CCIE. Isn't the CCIE similar in price? $315(Written) + $1400(Lab) = $1715 USD. If I remember the stats I think it takes an average of 3 lab attempts to obtain the CCIE. There's a reason why it's not an 'easy' cert to obtain :ohmy
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Last I heard, the average was 3.98 lab attempts. Not sure how accurate that is... but it's certainly believeable.
    7. JohnBradbury
      JohnBradbury
      Still the average salary of a CCIE makes the exam fees look like chump change. On the reverse of that MS exams are cheap but salaries can be quite low :cry:
    8. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      What if you had the skill sets to "do the job" of a CCIE without necessarily having to pop for the cert? I imagine you'd be "worth it" as long as you could demonstrate those skills to an employer.