Cisco’s step in fighting braindumping

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by BosonMichael, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Originally posted by Headhunter on MCSEWorld and CertCities:

Excellent!

Only potential loophole I see is if a Prometric employee at one of the centers is in on the activity. All it takes is one corrupt employee to allow someone to capture exam questions at night with security disabled. If they can prevent this from happening, it will be increasingly difficult to braindump Cisco exams.

Kudos, Cisco!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Very good news, as you said though, all it needs is one corrupt person, which there usually is!

At least it will make it harder, its a good step forward. :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. BosonMichael

Hopefully that one corrupt person won't have access to monitored security cameras and/or server monitoring services running 24/7.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Indeed, the problem I see with this is that if its rolling out in China, Hong Kong, India and Pakistan, how many years will it take to roll out in other countries?

Its all well and good having these testing centres is the 'bigger' testing countries, but its not a difficult job to acquire the needed materials from smaller countries or test centres.

Looking at it from that angle, I cant really see it having a great effect, it just means the BD sites will have to get a new stratagy.

Im not experienced with testing centres, so correct me if im wrong with this.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. BosonMichael

The reason it's being implemented in China, Hong Kong, India and Pakistan is because that's where the braindumpers currently operate and abuse the system. ;)

It's a little harder to bribe a well-paid administrator of a testing facility in the US or UK... much more for the administrator and/or testing center to lose.

6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Quoted for thruth.
    There are even sites in China where you can just buy your certification. You pay them and they will make the exams in your place. It seems so that in some countries it is legal to have someone else take your (commercial) exams.
    I hope people don't get sick there....

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP