Chrome browser 'is becoming number 2'

Discussion in 'News' started by GiddyG, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Chrome browser 'is becoming Number Two'

Could supplant Firefox - analysts predict tight finish

Google's Chrome browser will edge past Mozilla Firefox in a matter of months, web stats poking firms have concluded. Irish company StatCounter foresees the Google browser becoming the second most used browser on the net by December.

In the StatCounter predictions, relayed to Computer World, Chrome will sweep 26.6 per cent of the market share by December and Firefox will be sitting on 25.3 per cent. Internet Explorer will retain its dominance through user inertia, holding approximately 40 per cent.

The actual measured statistics for last month show that Chrome is closely tailing Firefox. The Google browser's global average user share for September was 23.6 per cent, while Firefox's stood at 26.8 per cent. IE, meanwhile, was at 41.7 per cent.

Full Story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      I find myself using Chrome more (but not as much as IE), mainly due to Google+ :)
    2. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      I'll just be boring and stick with IE. It does all I need it to do.
    3. THXbob
      THXbob
      I've been an Opera user for years.

Robert
    4. csx
      csx
      Been using Chrome the last couple of months mainly due to Google+ and being a fan boy I guess... However Just started using Firefox again and find it much faster than Chrome!

I'll prob find myself keep switching between Chrome and Firefox...
    5. JK2447
      JK2447
      I show loyalty to no one and use IE, Chrome and Firefox randomly :) I also have Opera on my Android. I'm greedy when it comes to free software 8)
    6. ThomasMc
      ThomasMc
      Safari all the way :D
    7. cisco lab rat
      cisco lab rat
      You will have to prise FF out of my cold dead harddrive. I will never use Chrome, there's something fishy going on there, I have no technical evidence, it's just a feeling that something is rotten in Denmark and it ain't the cheese.
      Bluerinse likes this.
    8. Theprof
      Theprof
      What's so special about Chrome and Google+? I find that FF for me works better with Google+ then Chrome...
    9. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Nothing really, I just do :)