Christmas Pressies

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nXPLOSi, Dec 21, 2006.

1. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hi Guys,

Bit bored here in work, not alot to do as it gets nearer to the christmas break and was thinking. What have you lot asked for / hinted at for christmas?

I've personally asked for;

Sat Nav for my car (Coz im lazy)
    New shoes
    Sybex A+ book (Which I've already got my hands on :twisted:)

Any of you lot hoping for anything special? Or got anything special for a loved one?

:p

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

got my mom + sister diamond earrings

3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

That's cute!!

Yeah - it's gone totally dead here too - a bit too quiet :hhhmmm - like the calm before a storm!!!

My Fiance had his Birthday in November, so he got most of his stuff then. For Christmas, he has asked for boring stuff that he needs and can't be bothered to get throughout the rest of the year...got him a few surprises to do with his bike though to try and encourage him to use it more next year - I got shiny new leathers last year to go on the back...and they're still shiny now!!! :cry:

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

A man that needs encouraging to use his bike? Thats crazy, has he had an accident before thats put him off or something?

My girlfriend asked for alot of boring stuff this year too, had a hard time thinking of something nice to get her, ended up with a Digi Cam and Printer and im pretty happy with that.

Thats a pretty good present Cheeks, I always have a hard time with parents on what to get em, they always make it so difficult lol

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Try having my mother - She doesn't drink, Doesn't eat chocolates, is allergic to 99% of perfumes and toiletries, and can only have certain types of jewlery (platinum) because they react badly with her skin! :rolleyes:

She's getting Pyjamas! :biggrin

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

being i buy my own presents generally as im the bread winner..

I bought another 24" monitor as i couldnt justify a 30" just yet
    i got a Logitech NuLOOQ for photoshop work
    got some Flash umbrellas and stands for my camera gear, and a new backpack

Looking to get myself a Wacom tablet as well, but not sure yet as im upgrading my system in the new year
    Gonna get a new Blackberry 8800 when its released next year as well, and possibly a PaperIQ bluetooth pen to go with it

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Erm, think it's cos his mates all upgraded to Fireblades or similar and he's got a Thundercat - still pretty quick though if you want it to be (speed limits permitting of course!! :biggrin )

:shocked Oh and also, a colleague of his died in a bike crash a couple of years back so that doesn't help much!!

Presents for g/f sound pretty good - you must have put some thought into them which is the main thing!!

8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I don't try to think too hard at Christmas.

Main present, I got my BF a Fossil watch.

Also got him all episodes of Game On and Men Behaving Badly on DVD, 1GB MP3 player for the daily commute, Oasis Best Of CD, some smellies and a swiss-army key.

As for me, I asked him for a wedding dress. And a reason to wear it. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm asking the wife for a divorce

Just kidding - although an explanation for why I've suddenly become persona non gratis after six years of (what I thought was) blissful marriage would be nice...

I hate christmas and never buy presents for anyone. I'm not religious and I don't have kids & don't want them - so i can't really see the point. I've got everything I want or need (unless someone wants to buy me a new car) so it all just seems pointless. The only thing christmas means to me is a week of blissfully easy commuting with most people off work and the opportunity to do loads of things that I wouldn't normally get done because people are off. Well, that and the massive piss-up/feeding frenzy that is xmas day/boxing day!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

11. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Me and the gf have bought everyone those Oxfam "goats and school books for Africans" type presents. As posted elsewhere, I'm pretty sure she's bought me a Wii. I'm finding it hard to find anything for her. The thing she wants the most is out of hands - for our baby NOT to be born on Christmas day. Unfortunately every day that goes by and it doesn't come makes it more likely.:cry:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  12. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree with the children situation, I dont have any of my own, but have younger cousins etc who make christmas worthwhile. Without them there would be very little excitment in a household of adults!

The best bit of xmas for me is having 4 days off to relax as much as poss!

13. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Ar mate, congrats on the baby! :D

It would be nice if the little one wasnt born on xmas for both yourselves and the baby's future birthdays thou!

On the other hand, thats gotta be the best christmas present you could wish for (Other then the Wii of course :twisted:)

14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Apart from the divorce bit, I agree with you on Xmas itself...I find it tedious and over-rated. My flatmate has bought me presents (about 3 or 4) and I have told her I didnt want any. She has bought her 2yr old son about 50 presents :blink. seriously what is the child going to do with them all? half of them will end up broken, the others may not get a look in...and as for clothes bet he will outgrow a lot of them by March/May 2007!!! So in return I will be buying her a £30 MP3 player (still too much I think :dry), as she tends to travel to London a fair bit and always hogs around her CD player and a stack of CDs (I mean we are in the 21st digital century after all).

As for me, well I dont want any presents (not escaping that this year), cos like Phoenix, I buy my own stuff if and when I need it. I bought meself the Keeley calender :twisted: and when I told my flatmate, she said "oh well thats one of your presents off the list". I did warn her, dont buy me anything cos I will only end up buying it meself and u r just wasting ur money, but she still dont listen. So we will see what she has gotten me...man I am so not looking forward to it...

A few things I have bought so far are: The Superman Ultimate Collection, Keeley and Gemma Atkinson 2007 calenders, me new Antec 900 case and Hiper 580 Type-M PSU.

And next on the list are:
    2x 19" LCDs
    2x ATI X1650XT PCI-E cards (to replace me 2x X1300XTs)
    Creative X-Fi Gamer Soundcard
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Logitech Chillstream Gamepad
    Saitek Illuminated Keyboard
    Creative 7.1 surround speaker set

So these will be bought over the new year bit by bit :biggrin so now u can see why I dont want people buying things for me cos they wouldnt dare spend that amount of money on me and I wouldnt want them to anyway.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I haven't really asked for anything this year - there's not really anything I need. I just built a new computer system in October.

My wife's pretty much the same way. I got her a few books and a ticket to a women's conference she's wanting to go to.

The kids are easy to buy for. :)

Our youngest was born on 12/27. He's about to turn 2.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Baba O'Riley

Funnily enough, if there's been no movement by then, we are due to be induced on the 27th. Any other day is fine though, just not the 25th.:rolleyes:

17. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Er, that's a beautiful thing!!!

18. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I do agree with Baba...I wouldnt want a baby to be born on Xmas day...that would be, well, very weird...the funny thing is...my son was 2 weeks late...imagine if he was born on Xmas day? :blink oh dear...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My wife was going to be induced on the 28th if he hadn't come on his own... he was 2 weeks late as it was. Our first was 2 weeks early, so we started "getting ready" around then... can you imagine being prepared and ready for a whole month?!? whew!

Nice tax break, too, since he came before the end of the year.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. Baba O'Riley

Yes, because we've been expecting him/her since the 3rd of December. We're literally pulling our hair out now.:D