chapter 10, implementing hard drives

Discussion in 'A+' started by shaggy, May 30, 2007.

1. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

in the mike meyers 6th edition there is no section in chapter 10 that is entitled "A+ Essentials", it only has historical/conceptual and beyond A+ which to my understanding is not required for the A+ exam

so my question is, do i need to know that chapter? or can i skip it and come back to it at a later date for whaever reason?

ta

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Why not read the chapter and then make the decision as to whether or not you need to use it.

Althought something may not directly relate to an exam it will often contain information which is relevant to the exam in some way, shape or form.

Background reading never hurts, its a marathon not a sprint. :biggrin

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree with Simon on this, I have gone past that chapter now, and so far I've found the book to really help in explaining things.

Its better to understand why the right answers are right, if that makes sense to you.

Good luck with the studying :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I can only comment on what I found with MM 2003 - everything was worth reading, exam and for the job.

Good luck with the exam.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

Thanks

reading and taking notes on it as we type, such a long chapter tho, long chapters are the worst

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and often, the most useful. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

That myers all in one 6th edition is the nuts !! great book, goes into lots of detail whilst still explaining things in an easy to understand way. Thanks to everyone here for steering me towards using it :biggrin .

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA