Changing a job - CV

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by marcin_rys, Feb 1, 2009.

1. marcin_rys

marcin_rys Nibble Poster

Hi All

Recently I decide that I need change my job. I started looking already, had some interviews, but wondering if my CV is written in "good style".

Can you have a look and give me yours opinions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Marcin Rys

Attached Files:

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA
  2. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I suspect there are many on here with a real talent at checking CV's. I only quickly skimmed through as i am studying and slacking. Noticed a few things like how you switched from lower case on one line, to title case on the next when mentioning home and small business users.

I would also remove hobbies as i don't really see that it has any use on a CV. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure others will come up with better points.

Hope that helps a little :D

One other thing, read some of the posts in this section i think, as they have some fantastic tips on CV's and some users have put up some good CV examples in some posts.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  3. marcin_rys

marcin_rys Nibble Poster

Thanks dalsoth

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok, the profile bit needs changed. It could be applied to any job and has no focus.

More detail here perhaps? What were you doing? A few PCs in a workgroup or a multi-site AD network? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. John Neerdael

John Neerdael Nibble Poster

Keep your working experience in the correct order, now it's all over the place, if you want to highlight your current job start with that like you did and go down from there

“xxxxxxxxxxxxx”, London (2007- present)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, London (2004–2006)
    xxxxxxxxxxx, Poland (2003-2004)
    xxxxxxxxxxx, Poland (2001-2003)

There is also a hole between 2006 & 2007.

I notice you list under education you mention that you are undertaking the tests for MCSA, if you have achieved a cert already from this list I dont think it would hurt to mention it.

Good luck

WIP: MCTS: 70-640