CF Hidden talents

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zebulebu, Jan 5, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Anyone got any of those weird 'hidden talent' thingies?

At our regular meeting this afternoon, my manager asked each of us to come up with one. The only one I could think of was video hockey on the Playstation (how sad is that?).

Ever since the first time I bought NHL 93 on the Sega Megadrive I have been utterly addicted to video hockey, and am absolutely kick-arse at it. (being a hockey nut in general helps...)

I once played an entire game of NHL 96 on the SNES against a friend - with ONE player other than the goalie on the ice - and still won.

Additionally, I think i have the world record for scoring goals on the PS2 version of NHL 2003 - I got dared by a mate to play a 60-minute game and managed to win 127-6...

Anyone else got any dubious talents? I'm waiting for the first person who says they can tie a cherry stalk in a not on their tongue, or can pop their eyes half out of their heads like those freaks that turn up on US chat shows every now and then...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

tennis... could have gone pro.... :cry: :cry: if it wasnt for my $*&%*"&*$ knee!:(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

If I devoted my time to tae kwon do, I would of most likely went to the olympics in 2008. I currently teach it, and I came in 4th in the north american Tae Kwon Do tournament 2 years ago for my devision. Black belt 2nd dan.

I was also invited to go and compete in Korea where they have best of the best fighters, but was 18 only and didnt have the $3000 to go. I always wonder how I would of done, I've been told that I had a very good chance of being one of the top fighters there.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I sing. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I write.

I have several poems published, and posted a couple over at TU.

I'm writing my first novel at the moment; the story is going to span over four books, with the way it pans out.

I got halfway through the first book writing it in epic style, in iambic hexameter (and sometimes pentameter for effect) but I found it too restrictive for the way I wanted the story to flow - so I went back to chapter one and wrote normally.

However, I will write an epic poem one day. Modern Beowulf, and all that :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. Vendetta

Vendetta Nibble Poster

Surfing, I have won few a competitions back home...

7. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I've been playing bass for 14 years, spanning 3 bands and several demo CDs. I can also still easily slip into the Lotus position (why, I don't know) and walk on my knees

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I have been told I could either be an actor or a comedian...I dont know...I have also been told I can sing...weird that is...so really I dont know...I wouldnt mind doing acting...of course my special talents lie with computers :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Actually, loads of people I know have told me I should be a comedian (I'm a funny fecker) but, to be honest, i don't think thats accurate. Most genuinely funny people I know would be absolutely useless on stage, and I don't think my humour would transcend to an audience that didn't know me. Just being funny in your circle doesn't necessarily make you funny to a wider audience.

If you can act, however, then you should definitely look into pursuing something in this area. People who can REALLy act are as rare as rocking horse shite - everyone thinks they can act, but really being able to pull it off is incredibly difficult. If you're funny as well, you should have a go at trying out for some bit part work on stage or in TV. The amount of talentless toss on TV these days makes even a sad old fart like me think i could make a better fist of it than most of the crap thats around!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Mine lie with the women.....:tongue

11. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I just lay down with women... and maybe a bit more!! :twisted:

My talents are i can be incredibly annoying to people and am good at winding them up, yet still manage to avoid getting punched, I can also drink a pint of cider in 8secs and remeber everything that happens no matter how drunk i get!!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well I was going to say that...but didnt want to be labelled something...lol... :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  13. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

I tend to be able to recite most songs / poems / number plates / sort codes / account numbers word for word / letter for letter - but only things I don't TRY to remember -not sure if it is a talent or not - does my head in!! :(
    :(

Also ran for county and competed at England trials - gave up as wanted a social life! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  14. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

I can make a water-droplet sound with my mouth, and cross all my fingers on one hand... oh wait, not anymore!

Aside from that, I can fix a car and play a guitar .. and apparently rhyme, as well :biggrin

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  15. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Shodan (1st dan) in Shotokan Karate, Nidan (2nd dan) in Freestyle karate. Competed in a several karate tournaments came in 1st in Team kata in one and 2nd in individual in another, then had to stop damage my ligaments in my left knee :(

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Can burp and fart ( which can be lit on demand) at the same time.

Can't hide quality :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I seem to get lost quite a lot when driving anywhere even if I've been there before. It only seems to happen here in Switzerland though. :oops: Don't have much of a problem anywhere else, and I mean anywhere.

Other than that, I seem to be able to **** anything up.:cry:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  18. BosonMichael

I've mastered the art of eating while driving.

...in my '99 Altima w/missing hubcap. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks Gav, that would be a sight to behold 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  20. BosonMichael

...and a smell to run in fear from. :twisted: