Certs in your email sig?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Does anyone do this?:blink

Looking at some of the emails in my inbox I have some guys who insist in putting the MCSE graphic in their email sig and also some who have a string of text with all their certs.

I was thinking about doing this but after you have contact info, disclaimer etc. your email sig can be bigger than the actual email! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Spark,

Personally, i don't think it would hurt even if the recipient isn't an IT bod. If you've got them, show them off!

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I have a custom sig which has my company logo, MCSE logo and disclaimer but I only use it from my business email account and to potential and existing customers. To family and friends I have a different email domain entirely and no sigs at all.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

At the last company I worked for I put my certs in my sig but because I didn't work in the IT department management made me remove them (the IT manager didn't like the fact I knew more about their network than she did).

At my current company, we're encouraged to put our certs in our signatures, kinda like "the one with the most is the winner". :D

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

We have a global sig template which we can't deviate from (bloody marketing types). Even if we could though, I think it looks a bit pretentious to do things like put logos on your sigs and letters after your name. The only reason I would do that would be to attract businees like Pete. There's no reason for me to be doing it now because it's not my job to attract new clients to our company and all my work based emails are only ever seen by internal personnel anyway.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I made my own sig for the company, using their logo and my position for descripition, but I dont really put cert logos in the email. I guess I never really found the need for that, I just carry the cert cards in my wallet, thats about it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Yeah we have a corporate signature as well, company standard from which we can't deviate.

I'm split on this issue, if it's done classily then thats ok but sometimes it just looks tacky (huge low res logo's!), also i dont feel the need to show off and send graphics in each e-mail i send.

But what i find ammusing is people who write something like this:

MCP, MCSA 2000, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003, MCSE 2003 +Security.

I'd probably just write: MCSE 2003 + Security

!!

Just my opinion though... :blink

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  8. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I never put mine in as it looks a bit silly to me. On business cards yes, but email no...academic quals such as a degree or above is the only time I would do it.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nope don't do it, just me job title and phone number.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

we have a company sig aswell, but i just put my name (not even a tel number!) :twisted:

11. Sparky

I still can’t decide, one minute I think it would look cool and then I think it would just make me look like I’m ‘bragging’
    :blink

Will have a rethink after I’ve added the MCSA my exiting certs (not sure when that will be though!) :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  12. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Two reason why i would do it:

1) To brag and show off. I already want to make my self stand out from the people who don't have certifications at my work place and try and get my self doing other stuff then telephone support.

2) For Customers to see something related to Microsoft in the signature or something else might make them think "He knows what his talking about" and maybe talk to you like god and not like some of the customers you get... I know customers should have trust in you anyways and expect you to fix there computer problems but it just enforces it that little more i think.

At the moment i don't have any in my signature, however i will be once i get my first MCP. :)

Chris

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

My sig looks like this:

Zebu Lebu
    IT Professional

MCDBA, MCSE, JNCIA, ITIL

I used to put the images, but I thought it looked a little bit poncified, so decided to drop them. Also, since my CCNA expired in about 1976 I thought it was time I dropped that from the sig too :cry:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  14. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

My you must have been a talented child passing CCNA before you were born zeb if your CCNA expired in 1976:oops: from your age in your profile you were born in 1974

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  15. Sparky

That style of sig looks good 8)

16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - 1973 to be exact and - fanfare and trumpets...

Since it's past midnight, it's officially my birthday today!!

33 years young...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  17. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Well happy birthday mate.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  18. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

We can have our logos in our sig, however having logos from 8 different vendors would make my sig stupidly large, I tend let my title do the talking for my skills and only have my status as a Member of the British Computer Society listed after my name

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0