Certified Internet Webmaster Books and Exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

I hope your all well.
    Just wondered if I could pick some brains.

For those that remember, I am currently studying for the MCDST qualification. After 15 years in the computer games industry in various roles and at various companies, I was made redundant.

As I said, I'm currently working towards the MCDST. From there I am considering other options. My girlfriend has recently qualified as a CIW. Something that interests me, however, I'm not keen in paying the £4000+ that she paid for the entire course through via distance learning.

She has all the books to hand so I am looking at starting at "Stage 3 - CIW Foundations". Are there any Study Guides (Like the MCDST Training Kit) that anyone can recommend? Id also like some advice on locations to take the exam as it seems Prometric do not cover this exam. Is this correct?

Any help, comments, moans, or advice would be appreciated :)

Many Thanks,

Ron

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There's not much material out there except for the official stuff.
    But I gathered you already had something like that from your gf.

There is measureup of you want some practice exams, and I believe that some may be included with the course material, usually as part of an online component - depends where she got it from.

As far as I know, but testing centres do the exam, the 1D0-510.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Many thanks Jonny.

Yeah she still has all the course material so I thinks its just a case of using her material then contacting Prometric. It seems they do support CIW, I just need to clarify where the test centers are :)

Cheers

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Should be listed on their website, but sometimes it's easier just to call them.
    In Mumbai. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD