Certification with 271 & 272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by asanthadenz, Nov 30, 2007.

1. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Hello Guys

Will be taking my 70-271 Exam next month and have a few questions

1. After passing the 70-271 Test and getting my MCP ID etc and logging into the website and ordering my Welcome Kit, would the Kit include a Certificate for the 70-271 Test?

Or will i only get the MCDST Certificate after passing the 271 and 272 tests?

Can someone help me with this.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Once you pass the 70-271 exam, provided that you have already attained the MCP status, you can order your welcome kit and will receive the welcome kit for passing the 70-271, but the certificate will be a generic MCP certificate. Then when you pass the 70-272 you will get another cert - this time for the MCDST.

Then say you decided to go for the MCSA, you will not get a cert until you get all the requirements for the MCSA.

You don't get a certificate for every exam, you only get one when you attain a new credential.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Interesting... thanks Ken

4. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

When you mean Generic MCP Cert you mean something like this...

[​IMG]

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yep, that's all you will get until you pass enough exams to meet another certification. So once you have the 70-271 & 70-272 you will then get another certficate live the above, that has the MCDST blurb on it.

They won't send it automatically though, you will need to request it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So, Marek Werkowski, I don't guess you'd mind if I alerted CBT Nuggets that you are the one who posted a link here to a Veoh.com page that is offering up their content illegally ? :dry

Sorry to completely derail the thread... but I don't take kindly to copyright infringement of IT training materials. :x

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!