New Feature CertForums now running XenForo

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SimonV, Dec 26, 2014.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the 'New' and I hope you will agree 'Improved' CertForums.com, after over 8 years of running vBulletin software on the site the time had come to make a move. vBulletin 4 (the software used previously) has been stagnant for well over 4 years and the latest release vBulletin 5 is just a complete shambles! So here we are on the XenForo platform.

Its taken a lot of planning, preparation and testing to ensure that all the data was migrated correctly. That we had a new and improved design and that everything worked as it should when we opened the doors to CF again.

There will obviously be teething problems and differences in software that we will need to get used to but all in all I think it has been a successful migration. If you do have any issues or questions related to the migration to XenForo software please post them in the Site Issues, Suggestions and Comments forum and I will endeavour to address them asap.

Its probably not publicly known that I now work as a freelancer and as such have taken a un-paid break in my work schedule to plan and execute this software migration which all in all has taken nearly a month. There will be a few more days spent on the final tasks that I have yet to complete such as the migration of the static article/video content, so please do show your support in keeping CertForums running cost down by becoming a Premium or Gold Member, it is now also possible for ALL members to support CF with Premium or Gold Membership upgrades.

Thanks again for your continued support,
    Happy Christmas and here's looking to a great 2015 for CF.
    Si :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Loving the new look n thesite.

Thanks for all your conituned hardwork SimonV!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
    SimonV likes this.
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Glad you like it. :alc

4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

@si Love what you have done with the place.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

@jk2447, you need to use the full username for the @ feature to work mate. :biggrin

6. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Looking good!

7. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Nibble Poster Premium Member

Oooh, spangley