Cerco Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Garrymol, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Garrymol

Garrymol New Member

Hi Guys and Gals.

JUst thought i would give some feed back regarding Cerco.

Having deliberated for some time on splashing out on big Bucks,i decided to take the plunge.
    i started in July for a 4 week intensive course and believe me it was intensive,i thought i new a bit about computers till then!!
    however, i passed the course with 4 merits and two distictions.

Now the nitty gritty, they tell you they will find you the first job in IT.yeh i know big pinch of salt,but while i was on the last week of the course a company called Mastercare who have just won a nhs contract held interviews there. two off our course are now working for them.
    I myself have had one interview with a large company but did not get the job.but i had a good interview,Cerco have now invited me to an interview with mastercare on friday.i have also been contacted by three agencies after i posted my CV on the Net........... and the point iam making is there are jobs out there if you want them badly enough.. and Cerco have been Great..

Anyone who wants to get into IT quickly should try them.

if anyone wants anymore info please PM me.........Garry....

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Glad that you feel you made the right choice, and that your investment was worth while.

I'm just curious though, what do those distinctions and merits mean to someone who has nothing to do with cerco? :blink

3. Garrymol

Garrymol New Member

hi Simon,

the merits etc,are in microsoft operating systems,Networking,tcp/ip,Printer Technology,PC installs,Logical Fault Finding.And yes Cerco certification are industry recognised.

Hope that helps.

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi Garry, well done on your passes and with getting some results on the job front after your unfortunate redundancy.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. Jack

Jack New Member

hi garymol, i sent u a private msg, just wondering if u got it. It regards cerco training.

6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

er, recognised by who ?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Garry,

Glad you found that Cerco are good trainers. I was thinking about going with them at one time but decided not to in the end. It was a tough choice as they do have a lot of good going for them for a quick entry into IT.
    Do they have their own recruitment team just looking for jobs for their students? It sounds like they have a lot of contacts within the industry. Is Mastercare anything to do with the Dixons group?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

yup, mastercare are dixons crowd alright!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Oh :ohmy

10. Jack

Jack New Member

Mastercare? Isnt that the company that does all the warranty work for Dixons? Does that mean that many of the jobs will involve going around peoples homes fixing their computers? If thats true, it doesnt sound like the kind of IT job that was promised by cerco.

11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Jack,

I would check with Cerco first, but it sounds like it.
    Is that such a bad thing? It is the type of job where you will meet lots of people and lots of different faults.