CCNA to CCVP

Discussion in 'Voice' started by jamessimo, Nov 27, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi All

I have just passed my CCNA today. My plan was to go down the CCVP road.

Now please so one be able to confirm this for me.

I beleive I have to pass one of the CCVP exams befor June 23rd next year. Otherwise I have to then sit CCNA Voice. Is this true?

Can it be any voice exam or does it have to be a certain one ?

My CCNA is valid for 3 yrs if i do a proffesional exams does it refresh my CCNA for another 3 yrs from that day I pass the pro exam?

Thanks for your Advice

James :D

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

This is the 2nd time ive posted something regarding cisco networking. No one seems to know anything :(

3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Your OP was only written yesterday! Give us some time at least. As for your question all the information is on Cisco's official site and therefore you can read it for yourself.

Link is here - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Any additional questions can always be punted towards Cisco support you know? Else use their wiki or google! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

looks like i will be talking to cisco after all

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Dude, Qs gave you the answer on a silver platter. The site Qs linked says that you are correct: the CCVP requires the CCNA as a prerequisite until June 24, 2009; afterwards, you must have the CCNA: Voice (which would require that you take the CCNA: Voice exam).

If you go to the CCNA page, you'll see that your CCNA certification renews for another 3 years every time you pass a 642-level exam. Simple enough - why would you need to call Cisco?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Mush, If I pass a CCVP exam before June next year will I still have to do ccna voice or can i still continue with the CCVP Program ???????

7. BosonMichael

It looks like you would have to have the entire CCVP track done before June 24, 2009 in order to use the CCNA as your prerequisite, not just one CCVP exam. It's not like college - Cisco's not gonna check your prereqs when you take a single CCVP exam... they'll check only when you've completed the entire track.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Mush, I have spoken with Cisco in the Uk on 02088241000 I spoke with a polite young lady I went through the website with her and she gave me all the pointers you guys covered. Now she said as I have a a valid CCNA Once I start the CCVP path providing I pass the 1st one by June I can continue on with out having to sit CCNA Voice. Now this not only important for me too know but others too. Now if she has got it wrong that's bad on there part. Do you have any evidence that backs your claim? because I feel its something that needs to be cleared up :biggrin

9. BosonMichael

Only seven years of experience with writing training products for IT certification practice exams... enough to know that most of the folks you speak with on the phone are clueless about the certifications their companies offer. ;)

Hey, if she said it, go for it. She might be right. But don't be shocked when the certification tracker comes back saying you're lacking a prereq... :)

10. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Why not just do CCNA:Voice anyway?

11. ColinCamper

ColinCamper Bit Poster

Err because if the dude already has CCNA and intends to do CCVP then it's a complete waste of time and money.

I seriously think that Cisco have borked their certs. The clients are going to be completely confused. CCIE in wireless for Gods Sake? !!

Certifications: CCNA MCP
  12. GiddyG

My mistake in not expressing myself a little better... what I meant was why not do it anyway, just to take away the possibility that he misses any deadline that Cisco may have set next year? That way, he has no panic about whether he needs to pass all or one of the appropriate exams.

As to whether Cisco has borked their exams, I'll leave that to you guys who are Cisco certified to debate.

13. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

*rabble rabble* :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  14. GiddyG

Rabble without a cause, more-like... 8)

15. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

(Only seven years of experience with writing training products for IT certification practice exams...)
    Is that evidence to say you right :biggrin

some one needs to slim down on the Ego pills and do some homework. I spoke to another cisco certified learning partner fast lane that seem sure enough to say that if I get 1 in before June I will be alright to follow the path

Why not just do CCNA:Voice anyway?

exams are time consuming and expensive, Im not doing exams for the sake of it. Im working in Networking im new to it. im using my certs too progress myself in my job, im not doing them so I can come on these forums and say "ive got this ive got that" like a 5 yr old would

16. BosonMichael

Know that personal attacks against forum members isn't allowed here... if they were, one might tell you to take some pills of your own that are specially designed for your problem. If you don't like it, get lost... I'm sick and tired of being attacked on this forum for providing solid advice. :dry

17. GiddyG

18. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Sunshine, I dont want ********inappropriate comments removed by staff********

19. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

very mature :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  20. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

its funny that Giddy swears and its okay, oh im sorry im not part of the click