CCNA Tactics

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by morph, Apr 17, 2009.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

I'm just about to re-take my ccent and was then going to move onto redoing my icnd2 - wondered what peoples take on how to do it was - study for them both, then knock one out, then bit more studying for the icnd 2 or do the ccent then start the studying for icnd2.

Also i passed my ccent a year ago, if i passed my icnd2 now - does that mean i'd only have CCNA for 2 years?

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If you passed your CCNA now it will be valid fro three years from the date you passed the CCNA, not the date that you took the first exam. If you choose to stay a CCENT then you will only have two years left before you need to re-certify that.

Why are you re-taking your CCENT? simply take the ICND2 exam and upgrade it to a CCNA.

3. morph

morph Byte Poster

well to be honest - i took the icnd1 and 2 at a boot camp, i passed ccent and just failed the icnd2 - however i have an opinion on boot camps which isnt particularly positive - i think they should be used by people who are doing the job day in day out, and need to recertify - i was just learning - and i dont think they should be used for first timers, so this time round i've self studied - so when i pass this time i know i've done the course and i've done it properly, and i'll feel confidant swaying i'm at ccna level - rather than essentialy being told what to expect in the exam!

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  4. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

I couldn't possibly see how you can put a "first timer" through a boot camp. Far to much to learn. The boot camps must be making a mint, i am sure they could spread it out a bit more.

Certifications: A+